Way late to the party. I'm not sure if you still need the info but here it is in case someone else does. I know Westchester has a county hazmat where they receive photographic chemistry if you are a resident. I think NYC does also but I'm not 100% sure. Why not give NYC DEP a call. I've dealt with them in the past regarding fishing in the city reservoirs and they were pretty helpful. Here's their number: (212) NEW YORK (639-9675).