Hi:

I am modifying my 45MX's next week, it would help immensely if I could see what you have done. Is there any way you could post a photo so we readers do not have to re-invent the wheel so to speak?

Thank you for your post.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Gravel View Post

I have added thumb screws to the lens stage swing and removed the ball so that the swing can be placed and stays perfectly. Also added a spring behind the lens stage and another screw so that the lens stage can be tilted. Finally I added a swing mechanism to the entire head assembly at the focusing rack. The focusing rack can swing if some hardware is altered at the attachment point to the chassis. Then another screw was added for critical placement of this swing. This is a pain to do, but now the enlarger can be aligned whereas before there were few control points. Adding 8x10 to the whole mess doesn't help, but this stage I shim to get it parallel with the other neg stage.

I realize there words don't describe it fully, but they should help with ideas on how to do it should you need to. The lens stage is the easiest one to correct.