</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chrisl @ May 20 2003, 08:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Actually, I have a balance scale already I picked up cheap long time ago. So that&#39;s covered. I just find it a bit of an inconvience, but of course I&#39;m being lazy l
Just so I can shop and cost compare to these over the counter liquid developers, what formula&#39;s would you recommend for cooltone/neutral papers as well as wt papers. I&#39;m just getting into the wt papers and don&#39;t want to go overboard yet with wt develepors like Agfa&#39;s. </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
I&#39;ll have a look through my list of home made developers and post a couple of cool formulae. If you want to warm a print up there are several ways that you can do this. With any paper if you add 10 to 15ml of a 10% solution of bromide to the working solution you will warm up the print. If you are using a warm tone paper over exposing and under developing will warm it up. For example, if an exposure is say 20 seconds with a 3 minute development gives you the tonality and contrast you want, try increasing the exposure by up to 40% and reduce development by as much as 50 or even 60%. The print will be considerably warmer and the contrast will be reduced so this a is a good way of dealing with high contrast negatives.

If you mix a normal developer very dilute. say 1 to 30 instead of 1 to 9 and give extended development you will warm up the print colour. I&#39;ve produced almost red prints using a warm tone paper and this method of development.