I've played around with both the silver shade and the first flush Impossible Project's film for awhile now, and don't get near the results of those featured on the IP site. I've completely abandoned the color as at best they are blurred, at worst they are a solid shade of something or other. I fared much better with the silver, but as others have noted it's a crapshoot. I think these films will take a lot of practice to get used to and to be honest I am not inclined to spend the money for such an expensive project. I'm also hoping IP will tweak the product and make it a bit easier and consistent to use. Also factoring into the experience is the temperature and the ultra-sensitivity to light as it shoots out of the camera. I've tried all sorts of shields to prevent light from hitting the film, but I haven't found anything that really works well. I've also tried the films in both a SX-70 and the One Step with pretty much the same results. I am thankful IP has taken this on, but I think it will be awhile before we can expect something anywhere close to the original Polaroid instant films - if ever.