Quote Originally Posted by arigram View Post
At the middle of February, I will be going to Shanghai and I will be staying for quite some time. You see, I will be attending at the Jiao Tong university's language and culture program and next semester going for a master's degree.
I have not given up photography, although I have slowed down lately, so I will be bringing my Rolleiflex and a couple Holgas.

So, you know what I am asking you

1) If anyone wants to meet, or maybe pointers to local photographers and other artists
2) Photographic stores that still carry analog materials and could develop a C-41 film
3) Any other kinds of advice, photographic project ideas, living tips, that sort of thing
Im also going to be in Shanghai late feb. Send me a PM.

Taxis are a good choice in Shanghai but i would get someone to write down some addresses in Chinese for the places you go often. I would also buy a prepaid mobile number so you can call up a friend/contact who speaks chinese and can translate for you in case you get seriously lost or something. In my experience, very few people speak any English although most will try to be helpful.