That is an individual point of reference, I'm afraid.

If you want to sell the prints, they need to be good enough to compel someone to spend their hard earned money to own a copy.
One thing you can NEVER compromise on is archival washing and preservation.

If you're looking to make prints that are gorgeous, go to museums and see what they buy. Look at photographic prints and judge for yourself what you think you have to do. Print quality is a fairly wide and abstract concept. Some people love a print to be bright and uplifting, others like them to be dark and brooding with deep deep blacks. Some like grain, others hate it. Some like color prints, others like black and white. Some like matte paper, others like glossy. Some focus on emotional content, some focus entirely on subject matter, while a third person might focus on visual impact and design, while yet a fourth person might go for the 'ultimate postcard' and beauty.
All views are valid, and there is a wide enough spectrum within all aspects of print making that one man's ceiling is another man's floor. One printer might be appalled by what another person is making, and they could both be brilliant in the eyes of a third person.

Impossible question to answer, I'm afraid, because you decide how you want your prints to be presented.

Personally, I strive for extremely high print quality. Depending on subject matter, that quality can be different every time.

- Thomas