Quote Originally Posted by rdstoker View Post
Cheers, I was primarily interested in Prescysol because of the standardized dev times for multiple films and it's vote of confidence from Les MacLean on another site, but as I see that B&H (our online photography super store over here) carries Pyrocat-HD and their shipping to the great white north is reasonable, I might try that route. Any recommended 120 films, I am looking for smooth tones and good exposure latitude in the iso 100-200 range, I was leaning toward FP4+ with the Prescysol, is it also good in Pyrocat or are there better?
When Les McLean asked Hogan if Prescysol was the same as Pyrocat HD I'm told he shrugged his shoulders and wouldn't reply

Also Hogans instructions for Prescysol were originally an exact copy of instructions for Pyrocat HD.

Yes you can standardise on one Dev time for normal development wit Pyrocat HD for Kodak, Ilford, Fuji and EFKE/Adox films, probably Chinese films like Era as well. That's what I've been doing for about 6 years now. However Foma films need about 70-75% less development or they are far to contrasty.

Ian