Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
Perhaps so. But my point here is, they still have a right to post their concerns regarding that fact without being accused of "wringing hankies..." or being subjected to "you're lucky to have..." judgements.

And that's regardless of the "status of color paper right now." Which, if others are to be believed, is "OK, but not outstanding."

It's the bullying factor I'm objecting to here...

Ken

P.S. I just now read 2F's above response right before I clicked Submit. To my mind, he summarizes the facts elegantly and correctly. And he is allowed to express that summation even if others do not necessarily agree with him. It is not a wringing of hankies to do so.
I've no interest in stoking another self-regarding doctrinal squabble. Kodak calls the shots. Quality scan/print lines operated by people with considerable optical printing experience can turn out stunning results with these new materials. That's the emerging consensus. Nothing's changed by a months' long lament over the passing of NC/VC Portras. Both 160 and 400 are available in FIVE formats. Let's shoot some.