Using an enlarger with a contact paper is the pits! Besides which, many enlargers have a UV absorber built in!

And yes, as I said in class, if you want an "arty look" try brush coating or the other methods discussed, but if you want good stuff use the other methods such as wire wrapped rods, tray dipping and coating blades.