Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
Your English is better than many British students I've taught, you've used the best possible description

Have a look at this thread.

I need to buy something similar myself to finish a camera restoration.

Thank you Ian, that's exactly what I was looking for! I didn't think about these T-nuts, I thought people were using some kind of specialized adapter. That not being the case, this is going to be really cheapo

Style A seems to be what I was looking for: drill a hole (the camera's enclosure will be made of mdf/plywood, I haven't decided yet), hammer the T-nut down to create the corresponding fissures, half-fill them with epoxy and finally insert the nut. What do you think?