Hey, how about this "Plastic Cake Wrap" for acetate base? See the link below:


(If the link doesn't show correctly, I entered "acetate roll" at Amazon)

I admit to not knowing much about this but I know I had seen something like the roll of material in the picture and was able to find it again. It is available in several different widths and sheets also seem to be available.

The same sort of thing is listed at www.bakedeco.com. Google "cake wrap" or "cake collar" for more listings.

And if this is all out in left field, well... then "never mind." (think "Emily Latella" here)