Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
For those who don't know he is a huge pro legalization of mj. He gives talks on it locally, his office is about 15 miles from my house. He's an ok guy but kinda geeky.
I had a strange reaction to the thread title for a related reason. I used to work for eBags in customer service and we sold Rick Steves luggage along with about every other brand imaginable. We got a very strange email from a potential customer who was just livid that we would sell luggage from someone who was such an unrepentant druggie. According to this guy Rick had "recommended" going to a marijuana coffeehouse in Amsterdam.

Makes me wonder if they guy sends similar email to Macy's for selling Jerry Garcia ties or Wal Mart for selling Willie Nelson records.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I am guessing that they find it easier to ban everything rather than have to inspect each potential camera for sparking risks. I also wonder if it could really be that flammable, but if it truly is, they don't want to find out the hard way that the camera someone promised was completely mechanical throws a major spark after all.