Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur2 View Post
****I have the FDn 100-300 zoom, the new type, and it's a very good lens but I haven't used it for a long time, the only FD zoom lenses I know that are reputed to be a poor performers are the FD 100-200 and the FD SSC 100-300.***

You forgot the cheap kit lens 35-70mm and 70-210 f4 FDNs and the common FDn 200mm f4 is just average (well my copy is).
The popular perception of the "cheap kit lens" FDn 35-70 f3.5-f4.5 is like most peoples who because it's light weight and the barrel is made out of plastic assume as I did incorrectly when I used to sell them for a living at the time they came out that optically they were crap, I have since changed my mind since I reluctantly acquired one as part of a Canon T90 deal a few years ago I since found to be a very sharp and light weight walkabout lens http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...70.htm#compact. I also have the FDn 200mm f4 you mention and that too I find after using it for more than twenty years is a very good sharp and contrasty performer.

I can't comment on the FDn 70-210 f4 lens because I have never used one, but the moral of the story is don't believe all you hear, and there are Monday morning lenses and Friday afternoon ones,, and who knows after over twenty years use and abuse, if my lenses are the same as yours