Good call. Then let's say I want to overmount it. I assume you mean like a matte, or "passe-partout", window matte? Are these all the same things?

I wan't to do this without having to buy anything but raw materials and I have no matt cutter, or that kind of thing. I could probably spring for one of these heavy duty cutters (wood board and large sheer) though.

I guess a better question would simply be, "Best Looking, Cheapest & Easiest Way to Mount Photos?"