Well, we aren't helping you with the weather today are we? Of course, tomorrow we're predicting snow.

The old mill area along the river (near St. Anthony Falls) is a great spot. You might try Lowertown area in St. Paul - though they are in the midst of flood preparations. Some nice older architecture in North Loop and Warehouse area. Not sure what Minnehaha Falls is like right now but that's a possibility. Hennepin Ave and 35W bridges over Mississippi (d'town Minneapolis) can be dramatic, especially at night. Uptown (near Hennepin Ave and Lake Street) is a more "eclectic" area and probably better for street shooting. A lot depends on where you are and how mobile you are.

West Photo is fine for buying film but not much analog "stuff". National Camera (Golden Valley location) has the best and virtually only used selection in town. Definitely head upstairs to the "shutterbug" area. The also have a small/tiny darkroom area on the main level and a lighting department downstairs. There is also a National Camera location in d'town Minneapolis that might have film if you need it.

You didn't ask but I'll offer - there's some very good restaurants in the area. If you like vietnamese, try Quang and Pho Tau Bay in south Mpls. They're in an area with a lot of oriental restaurants. Closer to d'town, and a bit more upscale, are Bar La Grassa, 112 Eatery, Haute Dish, and Saffron.

Feel free to call me if you need directions (I'll PM my number).