Good list Bob. I have found that the individual threading within forums of specific techniques, good though they may be, to be lacking in overall comprehension for beginners. Like you, I have also made attempts at coalescing analog information within articles on my own site, occasionally referenced in forum contributions. I would be thrilled to see a video of your practices to accompany the list, preferably before I feel compelled to make my own!

Although our circumstances and specifics differ (I love my footswitch ), I cannot agree more with your overall admonition that there is no such thing as a "perfect" print. Upon viewing an original Adams print many years ago, riddled with white specks left un-spotted, I was finally cured once and for all of the insanity of attempting to make a perfect print. I have never made a perfect print, but nothing less than the "p" word has ever been attributed to my work at any showing viewers and grain sniffers alike. The classic analog process produces individual variation characteristic of an "artistic" endeavor. Perhaps, it is this fact alone which separates analog (uniquely, hand-made) from digital (machine-made) prints.