Any enlarger is a sturdy as you mount it. My Omega D5XL has a heavy frame, but it it sturdier since I braced the top to the wall behind it.

I have condenser printed in the past, and now do more diffusion. Your neg development style may want to shift a bit, since the diffuser may produce a softer print on the same grade of paper. Either accept that you print with a harder filtration, or develop new films a bit longer to compensate.

I find diffusion is better at masking little nicks and dust spots on old negs, and new ones not processed carfully enough.

The dichroic is handy for intermediate grades. I set up testing with all VC papers I use, since a lot of them land on me for free, expired by I don't know how much. I use a step wedge, and step through increments of 20 units from all yellow to none then none to all magenta, to see how the paper responds. Noseoil was the author here, a few years back that described this method best. Anschell in the VC printing manual book also desribes the technique.