The Spring PHSNE Photographica Show and Sale is coming around again. This season's extravaganza is in the same place it has been for a few years now, in Wakefield, MA on April 30 and May 1. The hours, directions, details and pictures of past gatherings are here.

The shows are not as amazing as they used to be (who is?) but it's still the best chance I know to get close to dealers and collectors from all over the place, and to take advantage of their desire not to pack all that stuff back in the car at the end of the show! I can't begin to list all the wonderful deals I have seen, bought or just missed at shows past. Whatever you are looking for, be it gear, advice or just conversation, you're likely to find it here.

Note: I am not a dealer, but I do help a friend at his table. I love to meet APUGgers who drop by. My avatar is as close as I can get to what I really look like, so say hi if you come to the show. In my humble opinion, the best deals are at each end of the show- early Saturday, when the stuff is still being unpacked (premium admission charge then) and late Sunday, when something like that old Folmer-Schwing Studio Master 8x10 is looking like it won't fit back in the dealer's car since he bought as much as he sold (thanks Eddie!) The dollar table goes early, but that's another story...