If the Polavision film does not work out for you there is also the PXL 2000, that is an analog solution.
I've seen these! It's too bad they've surpassed the $100 mark... Also, the scenes really need to be in color. When I've got some extra cash to burn I want to try that out though. I wonder what would happen if you used a cassette that had been re-recorded over with audio for a decade...

So in other news, I did a clip test of the footage, developing it in HC-110 dilution A for 8 minutes then water rinse then fix. Incredibly, and while thin to my eyes (although the format is so small that it's impossible to tell absolutely, but it does look much weaker than properly exposed S8), there is a full-color negative image! I tried to scan it, but the way the film is structured seems to scatter the scanner's light source, making it impossible to see anything. I'm going to bring the clip with me the next time I go down to the color darkroom and see if I can't make a print from it.

Based on this, I'm really confident about the reversal process. Once I can confirm it works, it should be simple to narrow down the specifics re. the best developer/duration.

It occurred to me that these are the sorts of things I should have figured out/researched BEFORE wasting those two cassettes...

I'll keep you guys updated, and thanks a ton for the help.