sorry to hear of Carey's passing...very sad news...my condolences to his family.

For those that have asked about my prints - yes my prints were inkjet prints - mainly because my local lab has 2 printers - a HP inkjet and a Fuji Frontier, and to be honest I prefer the HP as the color is closer in monochrome to what I get tonally in the darkroom.

The photo of the seagulls was shot on a HOLGA, and then the negative was photographed on a lightbox to create a positive. The printing with the frame lines showing is the same technique I would have done in a darkroom using a oversized neg carrier in a enlarger..

And Oxleyroad is correct - it was too much of a challenge to send multiple ambrotypes for the print exchange - they are just too unpredictable and time consuming to get 1 good one - let alone 6 or 8 of them :-) The print I sent was close to the look of the ambrotype, and was the only practical way to share the image with everyone....

Thanks for arranging this print swap Andrew - and the next one too. Look forward to seeing peoples results in a couple of months...just need to work out what process to use this time.....