See, you can find stuff to shoot at home

BTW, I came across this list in 2005 and emailed it to myself. It's the longest-saved email on my Yahoo account Whenever I got bored in college, I'd pick a different exercise to shoot:

# Go to one spot and make 100 photos within 100 feet.

# Go to one spot on 10 (100) different days and make 10 (100) photos.

# Go to 10 (100) spots and try to make the same photo.

# Pick one subject, and make 10 or 100 photos of it. Try to use as many pieces of your equipment as you can.

# Pick one cooperative subject and make 10 good photos of them, each as different as possible from each other. For example: high key, low key, ultrawide angle, long tele with wide aperture, motion blurred,

# Pick ten photos that you really like, perhaps from photo history books, or magazines, or advertisements, or seen on the web. Try to replicate them as well as you can. Reshoot a few to get closer to the example.

# On a day, from first light to the afterglow after sunset, make one photo every minute, or every five or 15 minutes, wherever you might find yourself.

# Pick a technique you never or rarely use, and make a set of photos with it.
* An example might be second curtain sync, if your camera is capable.
* If you always shoot color, make a set of B&W photos or vice versa.
* If you tend to use natural lighting make a set of photos with flash or some kind of artificial arranged lighting; or vice versa.
* Pick a type of photography you don't usually do, and spend an hour or a day doing it. For example, a portraitist might shoot landscapes or a sports photographer might shoot closeup / macro pictures.
* Take your least used lens and make ten to 100 photos with it.

# Go out in bad weather and make the best pictures you can.

# Pick one compositional idea, and make a dozen photos using it. Examples might be "rule of thirds", or "diagonal contrast".

# Go to a random location and then make as many "reasonable" and different pictures as you can in three minutes or ten or thirty minutes. For example, ahead of time you might pick a random transit stop and a random direction and a random amount of time between five and 15 minutes to walk. Or a random direction to drive, a random number of miles or minutes, and then random direction and time to walk from there.

# Ask people at random passing by a location and get ten of them to let you make a picture of them, as best as you can, accounting for their personalities, as differently as you can, and using all the techniques in your skill set and a few you want to learn.

# If you use lots of lenses, go to an interesting spot or photo shoot and use one prime lens the whole time. If you only use one lens or a very limited set, then borrow or rent a different set and go on a photo shoot or expedition.

# For a week, pick one color each day and make pictures based on that color.

# Pick your 17 best photos and reshoot them trying to improve on them.

# Pick your 23 worst photos and reshoot them improving on them.

# Go out on a photo shoot with a club or a photographer friend or two. Compare and discuss the photos during and right afterward, and a week later after some post-processing and reflection.

# Pick your 13 best photos and show them to 13 people, photographers and photo-naive people. Keep copious notes on all the comments. Then reshoot them to try to make pictures that achieve the maximum satisfaction for the maximum number of people. Go back and get their comments on the reshoots.

# Pick three to seven friends and people you love. Shoot a commissioned photo for each, and a non-commissioned photo of your own design and choosing for each. Print them nicely and maybe even frame them and give it to them.