With regard to post #34,

ďCan anyone give definitive advice about sheet film and film wrapped in paper?Ē

I place sheet film boxes inside of vapor-proof sealed plastic bagging before putting the film into the freezer. When I remove it, I allow sufficient time for the film to warm until itís close to room temperature before opening it. That prevents condensation.

This can also be done with 120 and 35mm films if removed from their original vapor-proof packaging.

The only effect Iíve noticed from freezing is that the magenta osmium dye of T-Max film seems to become more tenacious. I practice 2-bath fixing with these films and the 2nd bath of relatively fresh full strength Kodak Fixer leaves my negatives colorless without a hint of magenta.

All my films: B&W, color negative, and color transparency, are frozen upon purchase and only thawed as needed. Whatever doesnít get shot gets repacked in the VP plastic and refrozen until the night before I plan on using it.

Some films have been frozen and thawed multiple times before finally using. Iíve always used films at the box speed (or best EI) with normal results. Some films have been used up to 20 years after expiration date. I rarely use films faster than ASA 160, so my films donít appear to gain any base fog with long-term storage.