You are correct, it doesn't say that, but it does say FP4+ 4x5, meaning it's a landscape format using a 5x4" negative. Sorry for the brief description on the label.

The paper, unless I'm wrong, is 100mm by 150mm, not 6x4".

The image is a slight enlargement, as envisaged whilst looking at the ground glass. I find I leave a short bit at all the edges, perhaps 5mm of image that I know I will not print.

Sometimes I leave myself a bit more negative space that I do not intend to print, this is not always my choice, but working with a camera one cannot always get into the best position.

Another aspect in this particular shot, is that the camera viewpoint of the wheat silos were from a low position, this coupled with the wheat silos height, made me use 38mm of front rise. To do this I had to change from a 150 lens to the 215 lens, move slightly further back and use nearly maximum rise.

The 150 lens couldn't give me enough rise, so I switched to the 215mm Ilex which has enormous coverage and gave me the perspective and framing I was after.

I used a Shen Hao 4x5" wooden field camera, exposure was 1/10 at f22.

Due to using the maximum rise that the camera is capable of, there was a very slight bit of a vignetting from the bellows on two corners of the negative. This was understandable and known, when I took the exposure.

The print is a straight print.

I hand wrote and addressed all of the postcards whilst sitting in the middle of nowhere in our camper over Easter, this took a couple of hours and a bit, extremely peaceful to say the least. After doing this, which was immediately after lunch, I then walked down the track a bit and took a sheet of our camper and ute, I developed the negatives last night and may use the shot of our camper and ute for the next round.

This should give you a very different perspective of what Australian grass looks like after the heaviest rain fall year since 1974 and 1956. Normally at this time of the year the grass is either burnt or withered to almost nothing, however at Mt Terrick Terrick state park, the grasslands area was amazing, so were the birds and spiders, to say nothing about the mosquitoes, frogs, snakes and lizards, and kangaroos. I think I saw a fat-tailed-Dunnart, which makes sense as we have had a locust plague through here, they thrive on locusts.

Mick.