I've been looking online some, but I'm not sure I've got my question answered yet. I'm considering buying an older half plate camera as I think I want to get into making dry plates. From what I've read a dry plate is something like 4.5" by 6.25", or similar. What I'm hoping is that I can also shoot 4x5 sheet film in something like that. I do already have a Shen Hao 4x5, but think it would be cool to have the option of shooting sheet film in an old half plate camera as well. I think I saw somewhere that it's no big deal to put a blank glass plate in a half plate holder and then "glue" or stick a sheet of 4x5 onto it using honey etc. to keep it in place. Does this work? Alternately, would I be better off looking for something like a Thornton Pickard Imperial made in 4x5 and look for 4x5 plate holders?

Kent in SD