240V is used in such devices for limiting current draw to run the heaters, usually. If you are keen to install a 5kW dry type transformer, and then get a 30plus amp 120V service installed, go ahead.

I know of a gal in town who cooks entirely on a small plug in hot plate and microwave in her kitchen, because her Kreonite RA-4 roller processor sits where the stiove would be, and uses its stove outlet for a 240V power source in her apartment.