Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
the finders come up on ebay from time to time, usually for $100 - 150.
I hope you are right, Ed, I can use one, too, but new they are $400+ and I've never seen one used in the range you describe, but I admit I haven't been checking fervently...

I'm toying with the idea of just getting the Voigtlander 21mm in ltm and its companion finder, since I'm already in that system and want the lens to start with.... It would almost be like getting a bonus lens for the cost of the Mamiya finder. Or skip the lens and just get the finder or some other 35mm format finder in 21mm focal length. Obviously there would be some differences in the 35mm vs. 6x7 framing, but that can compensated for, perhaps as accurately as the Mamiya finder is, anyway.

jlab-yes, I shoot without the finder (though, obviously, I wish otherwise). It is not super-radically wider than the limits of the built-in viewfinder (people go without the 50 finder and just use the edges of the built-in as a rough guide). Sure, not ideal, but it just takes a little thought and trial and error. And it doesn't hurt to make sure critical elements are not on the edge of the frame. But, yeah, a good finder would be better.