Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
some of these "frames" look more akin to an easel(for keeping a piece of enlarging paper flat) rather than a vacuum FRAME(which sucks a negative and paper together).

Vacuum FRAMEs are commonly used on process cameras to hold the original in firm contact with the back of the glass, ensuring its flatness.

The film in this case is on the other side of the lens/shutter.

- Leigh