To be honest, Tom, I'm not sure that doing your own print from a Leica-created negative will tell you what you really need to know about the "Leica experience". While the optics are a major part of the Leica appeal, there is more to the M system than just lenses. It's really an "integrated whole" sort of thing. Part of it is the basic difference in rangefinder operation - things that are common to almost all rangefinders. Then, there's the Leica twist to those things, such as the longer rangefinder base, and the additional accuracy of focus that provides. There's also the feel of the camera in your hands, how it operates (including its quirks), and whether that suits your way of working.

Printing a negative won't give you a sense of the mechanical and subjective aspects of working with a Leica M. I think you really need to find a way to use one for a while to get a sense of those things. I'd also suggest that you examine the fit between the Leica M's distinctive features and your style of work. For example, do you find yourself in situations where you want to shoot at wide apertures (either due to low light or the desire to limit DOF)? (One of the areas where the fast Leica lenses really shine.) Do you often use fill flash? (One of the areas where the M doesn't shine.)

As a relatively inexpensive intro to Leica M-like shooting, you might opt for a Voigtlander Bessa R2A or R3A. While not Leica glass, the Voigtlander lenses are really quite good, and the Bessa actually has some features I wish my M had.