Hi,

In-camera meters aren't very helpful in low levels of available light anyhow. I wouldn't worry about changing if that is your only gripe about your camera. IME (which is quite a lot in very low light), one is better off with an educated guess in those conditions. If you were shooting transparency film, I'd use a spot meter, though, or an old Canon FTb with a meter booster and a long lens. That is how I always used to use Ektachrome 320T. I'd meter using an FTb with a 200mm lens, and place highlights or midtones, usually with the film pushed one or two stops. Then I would shoot with another camera with a shorter lens. With a 200 lens and the 12 percent meter, it was a pretty decent spot meter, minus the hassle of its size.

However, if you are really interested in using an in-camera meter for very low light, not much is better than the FT or FTb with the meter booster (or an F-1 with Booster Finder T). http://reocities.com/Nashville/Stage...ter_index.html. They can get readings of EV -3.5. I have also heard that the Pellix equipped with one of these can get readings of EV -4.5, but I have not used this combination myself. I'm not sure how low the F-1 with a Booster Finder T can meter.