Sorry to miss the post. I was on the road all weekend, and holed up in the darkroom yesterday.

My good old Colourstar 3000 helped me bang out about 75 RA-4 8x10's in about 6 hours. The Fujimoto cp31 roller processor helped an awful lot to sustain that level of thoughput.

20 of those were the same print, and 15 others were taken under the same light colour, with differences in intensity.

I printed on old Portra III paper bought as a lark at a camera show last week. 100 sheets for $5. I thought to try it out first; other newer papers were thawed and ready, but the portra did fine, and gave me exactly the look I wanted.

The pictures were of a theatrical production. the play was a 1960's period farce, that has a sub plot with a 1920's flapper appearing to the lead actor only. The Portra held the details in the white wedding dress of one of the characters very well, and kept colour saturation low, as I desired, for the scenes with the flapper girl, with her matte light toned makeup.

The colourstar was tuned to read skin tones, and produced even skin tones in photos taken all across the stage, even though my portable strobe heads lighting varied from f/16 at the front to f/8 at the back of the stage.

I usually just use the full diffuser under the lens for colur balance, and then spot with the print transmittancy cover and it's dffuser left in place.