Quote Originally Posted by krifartida View Post
what tank model are you using?
3010?
3005?
3006?
http://www.jobo.com/web/Expert-Drums.855.0.html

follow that link to Jobos website to see capacities near bottom of page.
the amounts box is pretty murky at best.

the bottom line is for 3010\3006 NEVER use more then 350ml (or risk damaging the processor or the cog lid of the tank)
for 3005 never more then 650ml.

sine the 3010 min capacity is 210ml i would say just fill it up and use max capacity chems thats the way i do it (though i use 2509 reels far more often).
if you do BW you might want to consider putting only half the plates in the tank with max chems, that will bring you to about 70ml per place. with color it makes absolutely no difference, 350ml for 5 plates or 20 plates.

in any case NEVER OVER FILL any expert drums.

let me know if you have any other questions.
I am using a 3010 tank. I was a little confused on the amount of chemistry to use in the tank because I have been receiving mixed messages from different people. I have heard to use 500 mL for the max of ten sheets but I have also heard to never use that much because it could damage the machine like you said. Also as I said, I was also not sure if you scale down the amount of chemistry for less sheets of film. This chart and your advise clears that up though I guess. Right now, I am only processing color negative 4x5 film, so 350 mL per batch it is.

Also, I guess these amounts are accurate for Kodak Flexicolor chemicals? I assumed so, but wanted to make sure since Jobo's information could be dated and I didn't know what chemistry they were taking into account (or if different brands of chemistry even matter).