Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
I am sure you have an abundance of common sense......
You, sir, have obviously not yet spoken with my wife...

The issue with Glass Plates is that I bet you would want lots and lots of different sizes and emulsions and the supply chain is very delicate and the packaging is custom made, coating on glass has a high QC waste factor per m2 as well, so the costs per plate would just not be viable to produce commercially.
I suppose I knew that. But I had to ask anyway. I can't imagine anything more fun than contemporary glass plates. Except maybe bitumin on pewter plates developed in oil of lavender. Guess I'll just need to start hanging out on Denise Ross' website and (secretly) purchase PE's forthcoming book.

(But should you ever change your minds, I have both 5x7 and 8x10 wooden plate holders and a camera that will accept them, so those would be the ONLY sizes you would EVER need to manufacture...)

Holography is most certainly a larger market by m2 than conventional emulsions on glass.
This I did not know. How facinating. I wonder if the holography market is more artistic or more scientific? Thanks for that.

Ken