Quote Originally Posted by jun View Post
I am not very good in English, but if I understand you correctly, the following links (Fuji Technical Reports) may help.
Thanks so much for the link and explanation. This is really useful.

I interpret Figure 3 as saying that after 84 days under 3,000 lux Xenon lights, the FP100c suffers a 10% loss of something in Japanese. I assume that 'something' is a measure of image fading. Does that make sense?

84 days at 3,000 lux is an exposure of approximately 6,000,000 lux hours. On the wall in typical living room (away from direct sunlight, etc.) there could be an exposure of, say, 12,000 lux hours per day. This would lead to 10% fading in just under a year and a half. UV glass would presumably extend that, but it's far from ideal.

jun - Does the Japanese text say anything about ways to increase the print's lifetime? I seem to remember that Polaroid advised careful rinsing and drying of their instant prints, for example. But if there's a fancy anti-UV coating on the FP100c then I wouldn't want to inadvertently wash that off.

What I'm trying to understand is whether it's 'safe' for me to display the instant prints I'm making, or whether they're destined for a portfolio box.