I've received quite a few cards over the past month but have been remiss in commenting on them.

Three interesting abstract photos from J Rollinger, c.w., and Dave Martiny. The latter two are nice complements to each other, and I just can't understand Jim's card, which is why I like it.

I also like the gritty, moody nature of semeuse's "The Watchtower at Gilbert's Bar". Continuing on the water theme, my favorite of Mike Wilde's three cards is "Overcast spring day walk" printed on old Indiatone paper, which has a multiple split toning look with all the greys and blues. I'm really need to try out the batch that he sent me.

Two great 5x7's arrived today -- Rudiger's "No Bikes" and Sandra's "Guardian Angel". Rudiger -- I guess bikes are not allowed, but beers are? I also really like the feel of the Adox fineprint -- I may have to try that at some point in the future. Sandra - cemetery statuary is a favorite subject of mine and I really like this one -- she seems sad but a little menacing as well.

Last, but certainly not least, is Roger Thoms' "Yard Office". I like the simplicity of the image which really reminds of a lot of old buildings back in my hometown.

And in other news...my cards are finally printed! I was in Tokyo for a conference and finally got into a darkroom (a great place called "Place M Tokyo Darkroom") for the first time in a year and a half. It was really great to be working in the darkroom again and I can't wait for my next trip up north for another session (that won't be until November unless I can find an enlarger before then). I just need to finish labelling them but they should be out by the end of the week.