I sure shot a bunch of it, but had already thrown in the towel on K64 for most wildlife work more than a decade ago for the inconsistent processing (washed out saturation and amplified grain, oftentimes) prior to Dwayne's. But that ship has now sailed completely over the horizon.

Much as I once loved K64, Astia 100F is (was) also wonderful stuff-- dare I say even better than Kodachrome-- that easily pushes one stop, two in a pinch. I was often processing it in my own Jobo the very same morning I shot it, up until a couple of years ago. Pity that more people didn't experience how good this film was before the stampede to digital.

Used at it's rated speed, it has better grain than any other film I've ever used, and a stop more dynamic range than most other E6 emulsions. it doesn't go tend to go blue in the shadows like Provia. The subtleties and difference in contrast of Astia versus more vivid emulsions like Velvia 50 is a very good thing when shooting wildlife. I shot Astia near exclusively in 35mm for a couple of years. I still have many rolls in storage. Though I'm not shooting it as much in 135 format anymore, I still shoot it in 120 and 4x5. I still love film for things that digital doesn't do nearly as well, like extreme low-key lighting. (And brightly lit snow scenes. But I tend to use either Ektar 100 or Fujichrome Pro 160S in 645 format for this-- though some of these shots do include wildlife).