Quote Originally Posted by btaylor View Post
Interesting additional videos to browse as well, some of the discussions on format choices are worth viewing, especially if you are a fan of 2.40:1 wide screen. One thing you'll notice about all the panelists is that they're old. Young cinematographers know almost nothing about recording on film, most don't know how the cameras operate when face to face with one. It has a different on-set tone too, as digital capture allows the camera to run and run. I think we'll really be in trouble when digital projection takes over. Once the prints stop being struck there won't be enough mp film being produced and processed to justify the relatively small amount used during actual television or motion picture production.

Print films are coated on the 'estar' base, and use a completely different emulsion and don't use the same developing agent as any of the other colour films.

Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
Essentially he's saying that high energy gamma rays from the sun and the universe in general aren't absorbed by our atmosphere yet (since you're so high up) and hence it can penetrate just about any substance still and cause micro-electrical charges that fry the conductive nature of the photo cell.

I think that's rubbish. I've never heard or seen anything of that sort....think of how long we've been using digital technologies in space without this issue....

Not to mention all electronics are photovoltaic pretty much, just sealed from light. But if they can penetrate a camera body, they can penetrate the plastic film around a resistor or capacitor.