Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
Comments on some cards that arrived before I headed off on vacation three weeks ago now.
They just surfaced in my ‘stuff’ as I was filing prints that came in after I was back from holidaying.

J Rollinger –‘Pinky and I’- A neat, abstract image that works visually. It also has me guessing technically how you made it.
It looks to me like some kind of a dark room, and triggering of a flash while the lens was held open to do the lighting. I can imagine the two fingers that are visible being part of the hand that was holding a flash trigger. The lens shutter does not have a ‘time’ setting like a view camera shutter, as far as I know. I cannot see a cable release in the front shutter release. So how was the shutter held open?
So perhaps a black string on the vertical shutter release, triggered by your foot, etc? Then that would allow ambient lighting of the scene. Or maybe the string holds the shutter open, and the light is from a flash after all? Very intriguing.

Sorry for the delay in posting my comments.
Thanks for the comment Mike!
The shot was accidental. There was a nice beam of light coming through my kitchen window into the bathroom so i decided to take a snapshot of me in the bathroom mirror. I metered the light, set the shutter speed and was about to fire the shutter when my cat Pinky jumped on my back. It was natural light and i am holding a cable release in my hand.