Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
I have never had real issues with light fall off with my Super Angulon 75mm on my 4x5, which is a pretty wide angle on that format (equivalent to some 25mm on 35mm film).
I think this is more a question of your the composition, subject distance (less falloff when focusing on a closer subject), the choice of film, aperture, printing technique and personal taste. If you measure it by photographing a uniform, evenly illuminated surface, you'll see the gradient is there, probably on the order of 2 stops from center to corner on 4x5" with a 75/8 SA, I'd suspect, but with B&W and a subject that looks good with some natural falloff, it's not necessarily an undesirable effect, and it directs attention to the center of the frame.

The original poster's situation is different, and since I've been shooting a fair amount lately with my 2x3" Technika, I think I can see what the issue is. If you're photographing a tall building, you may be using as much front rise as you can get, putting the whole 6x7 frame close to the edge of the image circle, so you may not see a large gradient within the frame, but there may be a stop or two less exposure than an image with no movements, all other things being equal.

Of course it may just be an error like forgetting to pull the darkslide, which I'll confess to having done just last week. Note to self: use a less complicated camera when photographing with a four-year-old near the edge of a cliff.