Yes, you need the photographic grade bulb (colour temperature higher, and better IR filtration) they are normally available in photo stores or at the site I gave you earlier. (it will work with the household grade bulb, but it will run the negs hotter, the exposure time will be much longer and the colour filtration will be extreme)