Hi Apuguys,
I happened to receive a great quantity of old paper, mainly by kodak but also some agfa and zunow. I have no idea how the paper was stored and for how long, most packs are open, but some are still sealed. Before testing the paper for fog (that will have to wait till I finish my darkroom) I was trying to collect information on these papers, not always successfully, so I thought to post here to see if some of you know.

These are the papers I got:
KODAK VERIBROM (N1,F1,F2,F3)
KODAK KODABROME II RC F2
KODAK POLYCONTRAST RAPID II RC F
KODAK POLYCONTRAST II RC (F,N)
KODAK ROYAL BROMESKO (WSL.1D,WSL.2D)
KODAK BROMESKO (WSG.1S,2S,3S)
AGFA RECORD RAPID RRN 119 4
AGFA PORTRIGA RAPID PRW 118 2
ZUNOW BROMURO (BN199,BH1,BN111,BS111)

This what I got till now:

I guess that apart the three kodak RC all the others are chlorobromide fiber based papers.

For the kodak N and F refer to semi-matt or glossy surface, except for the bromesko where G and L stand for glossy or lustre. The last letter in the bromesko is the weight: single (S) or double (D), while the other kodak papers (veribrom, kodabrome and polyconstrast) are all medium-weight. In the veribrom and bromesko packages the number refers to the contrast grade: soft (1), normal (2) and hard (3). This is in contrast with the technical papers from kodak where contrast goes from high (1) to very low (4).

I could get technical sheet from kodak polyconstrast and kodabrome which are probably the most recent.
In the article by Harvey Yurow I found that bromesko is supposed to be the english version of the kodabromide for which technical paper is available I don't know if this is the case. It is indeed a white/smooth/glossy paper with single/double weight, like the kodabromide, but there is the problem with the contrast grades. I could find official info about this.

On the AGFA I could get some, both double weight , the RECORD is extra-white, lustre, normal contrast while the PORTRIGA is white,semi-matt,filigran(?),soft contrast (so the labels say).
I couldn't understand if they have cadmium (I think it depends on the year).

About the ZUNOW, the second letter in the code should be the grade (H-Hard,N-Normal,S-Special(?)), 199 and 111 is double-weight and 1 is single-weight (isn't it similar to agfa nomenclature?). Apart from this no information at all.

Is someone of you familiar with these papers? I need to understand which chemicals,time and process are more suitable.
Especially for the VERIBROM, BROMESKO and ZUNOW papers there is a lack of information.

Please share your precious experience!

Ahoy!