Quote Originally Posted by arealitystudios View Post
speaking of grumblings...

I personally stopped using all Fuji Film products after they discontinued Neopan 400 in 120. It wasn't so much that they stopped making the film that got me angry (though I certainly wasn't happy about that) but more the utterly horrible lack of communication on their end. Kodak at least takes the time to issue a press release and responds to my e-mails, even when it's news I don't want to hear. Ilford of course is incredible with their communication and doesn't leave us guessing.

I'd just rather give my money to a company that talks to the people who keep them in business.
I agree that your concerns are legit, and I think Fuji drops the ball in their NA marketing a lot.

Having said that, I have done a lot of work for Fujifilm in the past, and getting through the Japanese barrier is really tough for them. I'm not sure why. It seems to me that if they cannot "get it" with someone from Japan they could simply allow someone from the US to run the portions that have to interface with Americans. But they won't do it. There are probably thousands of people in Fuji North America who could make their existence easier, but they want to keep that final string.

In the end, this is what you're complaining about; their inability to let go and trust that at least a few Americans - who they could vet - aren't trying to rook them. They just can't let go.

MB