Here are some of my notes on the N70/F70:
1. Camera operations are not intuitive; therefore, I need to review the camera operations before I shoot an important assignment.
2. Exposure meter is very accurate
3. Unless lens has its own motor, auto focus is too slow for fast action shots. However, the auto focus is still faster than my F4.
4. Makes a great close-up camera for fieldwork because built-in flash produces good fill light even at a 1:2 reproduction ratio with 105mm macro lens.
5. Rear curtain flash sync feature is great for balancing room light with flash for large group shots.
6. Makes a great available light candid camera with 50mm f/1.4 auto focus lens.
7. Makes a great travel camera with 35-70mm f/2.8 and 75-150mm f/3.5 plus 50mm f/1.4.
8. Works well in situations where a lightweight body needs to be mounted on a long and heavy lens. For example, when I mount the lightweight N70/F70 on a telescope, it is much easier for me to obtain the proper balance I need for the telescope’s motor driven tripod to work properly.
9. Makes a great expendable camera with a Tamron 28-200mm AF.