I first tried XTol almost 2 years ago and then preceded to use it for all my pushes. That lasted for about 1.5 years before it went flat, with about 1 ltr left. The last run I actually put a leader in the stuff and made sure it turned black. It did, but my roll still came out clear.

I worked out of a 4l and a 1l bottle. I actively used the 1l bottle and refilled it from the 4l. They were just juice jugs, nothing special.

Now I was using 1:2, which made it go a long way. However 1:2 gave me the look and texture I needed. For the price, who cares....

Since then, I am trying the replenisher approach. It gives me the dev times of 1:2 ish, but sort of gives me the guarantee that the working solution should not go flat.

Now my drum only uses 150 ml per 35/120 roll of film. When I used 1:2, I only threw out 50ml of xtol for a one-shot. Replenishing takes a 70ml top up. I guess I am using more with replenishing, but I think it is less likely I will loose a roll of film with it. Again, for the price, who cares.....