Insofar as the short teles are concerned you may want to test out four before making your decision. The 105 f/2.5 AI/AIS is generally regarded as one of Nikon's best. That said, the newer 105 f/1.8 AIS would seem to match the former in sharpness while offering a minor gain in speed (even though you probably won't shoot wide open, the brighter image in the viewfinder is often appreciated). Weigh the gain in speed against the additional cost. Alongside the 105s, you should also give consideration to the 85 F/2 AI/AIS and the 85 F/1.4 AIS. Again, both are excellent lenses; the issue comes down to one of whether or not the one stop gain in speed is worth the price premium.
As an aside, I have owned/or own the following: 85mm f/2 AI, 85mm f/1.4 AIS, 105mm f/2.5 AI and 105mm f/1.8 AIS. My personal favorites remain the 85 f/1.4 AIS and the 105mm f/1.8 AIS. Although I have yet, if memory serves, to shoot wide open, I do appreciate the brighter viewfinder image in the faster lenses. For me, ease of use is the foremost consideration.