Although I haven't used it for the purpose you are seeking to accomplish, I have an old Burke & James Drying Duo drying cabinet for both prints and negatives. It is 24" X 34" X 12" and has multiple screens to put stuff on to dry. This is not an offer to sell as I have no interest in selling it, however you might keep your eye out for one. It would get you stuff dry quickly and then you could store it in a light tight box. It is a fairly old piece of equipment and probably could be had for a decent price if you can find one. Mine came from a university photo lab. Bill Barber