Quote Originally Posted by Brian Legge View Post
Super Ikontasmuse front cell focusing - when you focus, you only move the front most cell of glass compares to other cameras where the entire lens moves (or the paper moves ala the Mamiya Six rangefinders). Front cell focusing involves a sharpness compromise either in close or far away. On my SI IV (and normal ones as I understand it) the camera is shaper at infinity than it is when near focused. Mine is very soft when shot wide open with a near by subject and I haven't found a lens adjustment which can fix this....

...Just keep in mind that something is going to be soft due to the lens design and how they implemented focusing.
So, then, it seems like you are saying that I'm expecting more from this camera than it was designed to give. No?

That doesn't mean I am overly disappointed but I need to adjust my expectations.

I am still doing my tests. The weather has been cloudy in the last few days. I've got a few more shots that will have to wait until it is sunny outside.

In the mean time, can anybody tell me what I should expect? What market, what kind of photography was this camera aimed at?

Tourist and vacation shots, etc.?