Ok so i follow a number of blogs that are oh so hipster and they post photos like this

And there are several other with the same soft perfectly lit slightly blue but still warm photos.

As much as i LOVE old cameras with normal film giving perfect results im intrigued as to how this is achieved ??

so is this a special film, a special developer or toner, a printing process or is it as simple as a photoshop filter/action ??

any insight would be hugely appreciated