Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
Chemicals that may contact the skin are one thing, but those that might be ingested are another. Even in trace amounts, you should NOT take any chance of ingesting photographic chemicals. Silver metal and silver salts are used as topical bacteriocides, but are poison if swallowed.

This is a supremely unwise idea.

Do not use any cooking utensil for holding photochemicals either. Do not use a cooking pot or measuring cup for chemistry that might ever be used for food!

PE
All my photo stuff that is food-like (e.g. pitchers) are marked "Not for food/Photo only" with a sharpie.

I don't want them recycled and somehow end up in someone else's kitchen someday. I don't want to ever ask myself, "is this one that I used for photo?" (even though I don't use anything similar in my kitchen for just this reason).