I read an artical in view camera magazine that suggested that PMK negs should be read in a UV channel. They suggested an X-Rite 361 unit that is used more for graphic arts than for photography. No experience here, just relating what I read. I am not yet sure if I will get a densitometer, but if I did, this is probably the model I would get.