Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
- Anyone using the single tray processing method? In theory it sounds ideal, saving the most space, but pouring and pouring and pouring would get old after I while I would imagine.
Without question, and very quickly.

- How much chemistry in a 16x20 tray? I use 2L now for 11x14, so 3L? or 4?
I'd advise a larger tray than 16X20 for 16X20. I use 24"X30" ID trays for all sheet papers from 8X10 to 20X24, and generally use 1 1/2 gallons (5 - 6 liters) of chemistry in each. 16X20 is the medium size I process in said trays. I sometimes use only a gallon for a limited amount of small 8x10 prints. One only needs enough to cover the prints, and to slosh, as is my bliss, without expiring the chemicals. Chemicals are relatively cheap, and I prefer my prints to swim.

- How necessary is a print washer for 16x20? I have one for 11x14 and love it but can't afford another one for 16x20. I have tray siphon which would work for low volume work.
Fill and dump is the basis of all archival washing. It needn't get any more complicated except for convenience sake.

- Ok to handle the print with hands? I've never used tongs and don't intend to.
If you're going to use hands, better make sure you observe assiduous handwashing between stations. It can be the traceable source of much contamination. I use metal spring pressure tongs on all prints up to 20X24. I only use hands on mural roll paper sizes.